These are our recommendations to visit the best places in the Atacama Desert.
- What to do in San Pedro de Atacama at night?Many travelers arrive equipped of their own telescope to enjoy the sky by night but for those who like to travel light, there is a good number of agencies offering the stellar viewing experience.
- San Pedro de Atacama Thermal Springs & RiversClose to the village center lies the Vilama Rio, a valley that, although rarely visited by tourists and guides, is very worth discovering for the nature lovers who seek a bit of of green in the landscape.
- Valleys of San Pedro de AtacamaSan Pedro de Atacama is a small town near the Andean mountain range in the north of Chile and its geographical location is precisely what makes it so special. The different walks you will be able to do vary from rivers and lagoons to volcanoes and giant dunes. Here are some of our suggestions to visit the valleys.
- Volcanoes and Hills in San Pedro de AtacamaFor the trekking and mountain hiking lovers there are some ascents with astonishing views and different levels of complexity, such as Cerro Toco, Lascar Volcano and Licancabur Volcano, all with different levels of complexity.
- Lagoons of San Pedro de AtacamaIs possible to bath in only two of the 7 lagoons composing the whole complex. The most striking about these lagoons is that their high level of salinity makes the bodies float more than usual, making this place very popular for those in search of unique experiences.
- What to do in San Pedro in the morning?San Pedro de Atacama is a small town near the Andean mountain range in the north of Chile and its geographical location is precisely what makes it so special. For those who like to enjoy the early day there are natural scenes, here are some of our suggestions.